As you've probably guessed by the title, this does have a connection to the fact that it's New Year's Eve! Personally, 2012 has been a rather interesting year for me. There's been good and bad, joy and heartbreak. A lot of memories have been made, both to be cherished happily and to stop and make me ponder.
Even as this chapter comes to a close, another is soon to be cracked open. So, I figured it was appropriate to do something I have never done before: make a list of resolutions! Now, a lot of these lists get a bad rap because many are never fulfilled. I say nay-nay! We the people have more strength and will-power than we the people give ourselves credit for. yes, it's hard. Yes, it'll be a fight, but resolutions (or dreams in general) not worth fight for are hardly true resolutions to begin with, don't you think?
So, without further ado, I'm going to give this a shot:
"Jesse's Resolutions"(and explanations)
- Grow in Faith and Spirit. (One is never close enough to God.)
- Write something meaningful every day. (This is part of my on-going Quest to conquer the English language and become a great writer. I picked up this particular piece of advice from Melissa Donovan at Writing Forward.)
- Deepen my friendships. (In this crazy world of texting and social media, we're beginning to lose sight of people and maintain true relationships. I want to actually grow close to people and form bonds. I want friends I can count on.)
- To be an example. (Through whatever reason and circumstances, some of the people around me have begun to look up to me. As I cannot change that, I must learn to be true, godly young man/leader.)
- Never get too serious. (This I'm already pretty good at, but it does good to remind you and myself.)
- Read a whole lot more. (This is also part of my Quest, and it's also simply for enjoyment. I didn't do it nearly enough this past year.)
- Be smarter with my work in school. (This should be self-explanatory.)
- Start to plan out post-high school life plan. (Ibid.)
- Fan even harder over Doctor Who. (Never enough Who.)